Marketing and Special Events Coordinator
Brief Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
Strengthen, broaden and maintain affiliate’s relationships in the community as the public relations and marketing liaison to garner new fundraising sponsorship opportunities. Promote Habitat’s good will throughout the community by engaging in public speaking opportunities. Develop and implement annual marketing campaign to utilize all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of the local affiliate. Coordinate all activities, special events, publications and media to gain understanding and support for sponsors, volunteers, families and community business, churches, civic groups, and representatives.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
- At least 2 years professional experience in marketing and/or public relations, special events management.
- Passion for effective communication and public speaking skills with solid writing and editing skills.
- Ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Administrative skills, strong communication skills and ability to organize events a must.
- Ability to coordinate events from inception to follow through.
- Should be a proactive thinker and have experience in working with diverse groups of people, energetic, team oriented individual.
- Solid writing and editing skills.
Communications & Marketing Job Duties:
- Determine schedule and develop recipient list for newsletters, dedications and direct mail
- Create and/or edit all direct mail solicitations, brochures, annual report, ReStore ads, sponsorship materials, newsletters, invitations, acknowledgement letters and other such promotional materials
- Create and implement an integrated marketing approach for the affiliate using existing resources:
- Radio, Television, Photography, Video, Social Media, Press Releases
- Liaison for community outreach on behalf of the Affiliate:
- Coordinate all community outreach efforts with community groups, volunteer fairs, career fairs and other events
- Create and use promotional material for presentations
- Maintain and utilize affiliate digital media to reach donors and volunteers
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Buffer
- Oversee all research, planning, coordination and evaluation of all Affiliate and ReStore special events:
- Home Dedication Ceremonies (2 - 3 Per Year)
- Fundraising Events
- March - June: Women Build Initiative
- May: Hard Hats & Heels fundraiser
- Hard Hat Tours – Logistics/Content (4 Per Year)
- Attend staff meetings and report on progress for events.
- Meet once per month with the Executive Director or as needed.
- Submit monthly report of goals as well as tasks complete by the last day of each month to the Executive Director.
- Ability to perform additional duties as assigned.